Chondroitin is a simple molecule that is produced in the human body. It is the main component of cartilage, that is, a rigid connective tissue, which serves as a kind of cushion for joints. Chondroitin enables the cartilage to retain its elasticity by absorbing excess fluid (including water) from the connective tissue. It is also believed that it can block enzymes that destroy cartilaginous tissue, and provide the supply of the necessary components to restore it. The most efficient way to take chondroitin is to take it along with glucosamine, which is very useful in the treatment of osteoarthritis (OA). Chondroitin is also beneficial in case of osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis causes inflammation, destruction, or even complete loss of cartilage tissue. The intake of chondroitin can reduce pain and slow down the development of this disease.
Benefits of glucosamine and chondroitin:
- It can be an efficient remedy for osteoarthritis treatment - especially osteoarthritis of the knee and thigh.
- It protects cartilaginous tissue from premature degeneration by blocking the actions of certain enzymes that destroy it and prevent the entry of nutrients to it for reconstitution.
- It reduces pain in case of osteoarthritis significantly.
- It improves the functionality of people with osteoarthritis of the knee or thigh.
- It mitigates the symptoms of osteoarthritis for up to 3 months after the course of treatment.
- It may help with stress management in cases of osteoarthritis.
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), also known as dimethyl sulphone, is a natural organic sulfur compound contained in plant and animal tissues and essential for maintaining the health of the body. Sulfur, in its turn, is an important component of proteins, tissues, hormones and enzymes. It also takes part in liver detoxification. Due to its analgesic properties, as well as the ability to stimulate blood flow and reduce inflammatory processes, MSM can be used to relieve the pain caused by a large number of different diseases. MSM is contained in fresh fish, meat, fruits and milk, but even a little treatment leads to its complete destruction. Therefore, many people take MSM as a food additive. Considering that sulfur is an essential mineral for the human body, scientists believe that people need constant use of MSM to maintain their health.
Benefits of MSM:
- It helps relieve pain and reduce inflammation in cases of various types of arthritis.
- It can inhibit the formation of scar tissues around the joints and slow the degeneration of the cartilaginous joints.
- It promotes the maintenance of the gastrointestinal tract health.
- It improves immunity.
- It reduces allergic response.
- It helps in the treatment of injuries, nourishes the hair, skin and nails.
- It is useful for people who have heartburn, arthritis, lung problems, migraine and pain in the muscles.